All In Wonder. These three words have become synonymous with multimedia on the PC, thanks to ATI. The Canadians introduced their video/graphics combo to the world in the form of a card that was simply called the "All In Wonder" (with no other bynames) and was based on the ATI Rage II+ 3D accelerator chip. With the integrated TV tuner, ATI merged the worlds of the TV and the PC. While videos and TV on the PC were by no means a revolutionary or even new idea, the concept of integrating both functions into a single card and including editing and viewing software in the package was indeed unique. Another advantage, compared to a separate 3D card + video add-in solution, is the price. Factor in the extra cost for the bundled video editing software, and the All In Wonder becomes a very attractive offer indeed. An additional boon is that a combo card doesn't suffer from the compatibility issues often present in two-card solutions.
Now the AIW family has a new member, the
A feature overview of the All In Wonder Radeon 9700 PRO:
- Powered by the RADEON(tm) 9700 PRO visual processing unit;
- Unparalleled TV and DVD features: TV-ON-DEMAND(tm), Gemstar GUIDE Plus+(tm), mulTView(tm), VIDEOSOAP(tm), THRUVIEW(tm) and much more;
- Easily edit video into your own creations: Video CD and DVD Authoring;
- 128 MB DDR memory;
- AGP 8X support;
- Complete DirectX(r) 9.0 support;
- 30 foot user interface for hand held remote control to control your pc applications;
- Use component output to watch TV, DVDs, and videos on your High Definition TVs.